We have an urgent requirement in SAP ME/MII with 8+years of experience.
As a key member of the SAP Core team, provide support to the business community for SAP in the ME/MII Technical Configuration area. This includes all new projects and enhancements as well as production support across all functional areas within ME/MII.
Role Scope / Deliverables: The technical analyst analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processes or to improve existing systems. Provides technical knowledge, system design techniques, methodologies, tools, and standards utilized in the IT and business environment.
Technical SAP ME/MII
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Lead small projects or engage with other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
• Provide technical expertise, usually as a member of a project team, in the analysis, design, and development of SAP reports, interfaces, business forms, conversions, and user exits
• Provide estimates for the programming and unit testing activities of a project when needed
• Design and support interfaces to numerous legacy and third-party systems using a variety of techniques such as LSMW, BAPI, IDOC, RFC calls, BDC, and call transaction update methods
• Research and apply OSS notes
• Follow the IT Software Development Life Cycle process
• Utilization of advanced debugging techniques
• Write detailed technical documentation of program functions.
• Cross team communication and collaboration
• Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Participate in off-hours meetings
• Strong Technical background in SAP MII solution development which includes all components of the MII application such as Data Services, Content Development, Visualization services and Message Services.
• Expertise in systems integration and designing technical interfaces using SAP Plant connectivity (PCo) and/or standard connectors to ERP and shop-floor systems. Strong database skills (MSSQL, Oracle, Hana).
• Expertise in systems integration and designing technical interfaces to ERP and shop-floor systems
• Exposure to manufacturing functionality within SAP such as Production planning (PP), Plant Maintenance (PM), and Quality Maintenance (QM).
• Experience with implementing and configuring SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII) 15.2 and Manufacturing Execution system (ME).
• Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
• Ability to work independently to achieve results but also to participate effectively as a team player
• Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
• Knowledge of creating and maintaining detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft products
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Pro-active, helpful, ‘can-do’ attitude
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Self-managing and self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks effectively and meet customer deadlines and expectations
• Qualified candidate must have 8+ years relevant SAP ME & SAP MII having hands-on configuration and set up experience on all ME functional modules including but not limited to Shop Order, Material, Routing, POD, ERP interfaces, integration with Label printers, barcode readers and PLC’s
• Must have worked and possess knowledge in the below areas:
o Configuring and monitoring SAPMEINT
o Configuring SAP ME- Site, User and System and Process Configuration Management
o Master Data Management and Data Enhancement in SAP ME
o Routing Design
o Shop Order Management – creation, release and reporting
o Shop floor Control Management
o Data Collection – Maintenance, assignment and activities
o Nonconformance and quality control – quality inspection process, quality reports, SPC Analysis and reporting
o Product Genealogy and Tracking – Setting up Discrete and Time-Based Genealogy Processes
o Production Operator Dashboards
o Message Board Service
o Labor Tracking
o Packing Service
o Custom Enhancements using API Web Services
o Shop Floor Integration using MII and Plant Connectivity
o Enhancing ME with SDKs
o Functional and technical aspects of integration of SAP ME (SAPMEINT), Knowledge on PCo integration with SAP ME/MII
o SAP MII Workbench